How to make Going Back to School fun
The end of summer is in sight, the start of the academic year is approaching and all the students ready to head back to school are probably not feeling too happy about it. However, back-to-school time doesn’t have to feel like a funeral for the fun days of summer. Here are 7 ways to make going back to school a little more fun.
1. Allow a final summer ‘wish’ before the school routine starts. Let your child choose, within reason, one last fun summer activity before school gets underway.
2. Give your children some autonomy when shopping for supplies. Give them a budget and allow them to make their own choices. This could also be a good lesson in sticking to a budget!
3. Reminisce over summer. Make a little family project out of creating a journal or collage with pictures, souvenirs or little notes about the fun things your children did over summer.
4. Have a back-to-school send-off dinner at a restaurant of your child’s choosing.
5. Surprise your kid with some new school supplies that have been gift-wrapped and hidden in their school bag for the first day.
6. For the first day, back pack their favourite lunch with a nice, positive note.
7. During the first week of school have individual date nights with each of your children; perhaps go for dinner after school or for some ice cream or any other little treat that you can enjoy together.